Wednesday, January 7, 2015


I made you grow like a plant of the field….And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign Lord…But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by and your beauty became his…This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant…Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign Lord. (Ezekiel 16:7, 14, 15, 59, 60, 62, 63)

 
It is so important for us to recognize and manifest a grateful heart for the amount of compassion and forgiveness God has for us and not take it for granted, doing so only entangles us further into sin. Yes God is forgiving but continued disobedience without repentance reaps negative circumstances and places us out of the will of God. Once we come into the knowledge of Christ we have an obligation to live a life that is obedient and pleasing to our Father, living any other way does not afford us to take hold of our God given destiny. It is only through Christ that we attain true splendor in life, without God we are nothing. I am so grateful for Christ’s covenant agreement to those who commit to a life and personal relationship with him. His covenant provides everything that we will ever need to succeed in a world that is filled with greed and wickedness. Before anything else we should be most grateful for the sacrifice of Christ that saved us and keeps us daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment