Wednesday, January 14, 2015


What Is Your Response?

Then Mephibosheth bowed and said, “Of what importance am I, your servant, that you show regard for a dead dog like me?” (2 Sam 9:8 NET Bible)

When I think of the holiness and greatness of God I am humbled by the many ways he continues to bless, grant prayers, and pour his favor out on our lives. It reminds me of the story of David and Mephibosheth. David sought out anyone left in Saul’s family for the sole purpose of blessing  them, he wasn’t concerned about residence, physical appearance, or current circumstances. It’s the same way that God feels about us being a part of his family. He delights in blessing his children and showering them with everything they need as well as the desires of their heart. Our response should be gratefulness and a humbled heart…the one and only true God thinks of us? Really? There is no sweeter thought.

Lord I am humbled by every answered prayer and unexpected blessing. I bow unto you saying thank you for the love and thoughtfulness you have towards me, use me to extend that same love towards others so they may come to have a personal relationship with you so that you will be glorified.  

To God Be The Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment