Thursday, November 23, 2017



Be Thankful In All Things

God’s Word is Not Just Talk, IT IS POWER. I Cor 4:20 GW

…You have removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy so that my soul may praise you with music and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever.
Psalms 30:11-12 GW


In Biblical days wearing sackcloth was “a sign of mourning for personal and natural disaster as a sign of repentance, and at times of prayer for deliverance”
(Biblegateway.com). The Psalmist declares God removed his sackcloth and replaced it with praise giving him the ability to give thanks to God. Many individuals may struggle with being thankful or grateful to God because of very difficult circumstance in their life. I am not trying to minimize the hurt that we experience as we walk through this journey of life however there comes a time when we have to move past the weight of unfavorable situations and determine in our heart that we are going to give God praise in spite of our circumstances. When you consider all things God is the only one that is great, the only true and living God with all power in his hands, including the power to lift you above your circumstances and change your life forever.
I give thanks today for many things but the one thing I am most grateful for is God removing my own personal “sackcloth” on a daily basis so my reflection looks more like him and less like me. And he is doing the same for you. That is definitely something to be thankful for. We are lost without God transforming us and guiding our steps and for that our posture to Him should be Thanksgiving. Praise His Holy Name!!!!

Prayer

God remove the burdens and give us joy unspeakable, peace and a spirit of thankfulness that will bring us into a deeper understanding of who you are in our life. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment