Wednesday, October 22, 2014


Only Through Jesus

I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 30:1-3 NLT


We were all in a pit of despair filled with mud and mire at some point in our lives. Mire is soil that is wet, swampy, and slimy. Being in a pit filled with mud and mire would make it virtually impossible to escape, or even stand. As it is in the natural so it is in the spiritual. Without Christ we are living life in a slimy pit and the only way of escape is through Jesus. The Psalmist says when God lifted him that’s when he was steadied. The only way to truly stand in this world with joy, peace, and God’s protection is through Jesus. Allow him to take your hand and pull you out so you can live the abundant life he created just for you.

MA


No comments:

Post a Comment