Thursday, October 9, 2014


Exposure
"What you have said in the dark will be heard in the day light, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs." (Luke 12:3)

Many high-profile individuals have been exposed of wrongdoing: lying, stealing, molestation, and other serious ethical, moral, and legal violations. Seeing these individuals in courtrooms after being exposed breaks my heart. I know you’re thinking what? How can you have compassion for them after what they have done? To me, it’s terrible to see individuals totally humiliated nationally when there was one step they could have taken to possibly avoid the public humiliation. Stop the action and confess their wrongdoing to God. The Word of God instructs us to confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9) People generally have more compassion and respect for you when you are able to admit your mistakes and ask for forgiveness. God's mercy and grace steps in when we confess our mistakes, giving us the strength to move in righteousness. We all make mistakes but because Jesus came and died on the cross for every sin, we can freely go to Him and ask for forgiveness. Let’s not wait until our sins are publicly announced. Perhaps God will spare us public humiliation if we take care of our sins privately with Christ and ask for the grace and mercy to discontinue in sin. God is compassionate and patient with us, so regardless of what we have done--whether it’s been made public or is a private matter God loves us so much that He made provisions for sin to be completely wiped out through His precious blood. The blood is still working on our behalf.

Dear Jesus, I come to you with this simple but powerful prayer, please forgive me and deliver me from my sin, "create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me." Lord I desire to be holy as you are holy but we can’t do it without you. We welcome you in our hearts and are pleading to you for a change. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment