Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Who Do You Run To?
 
We often run to people for comfort when we really should run to Christ, the Chief Physician. When I was thinking about this statement I was reminded of an old song that I thought was secular but after reading the lyrics felt it is clear description of how Christ feels about us and desires to heal the pain in our lives. As you read the words to the song imagine God speaking to your heart. And if you are anything like me download it and listen to it as a reminder that God is always with you through the challenges you are experiencing in your life. Be confident that he cares about everything that concerns you.


Lay Your Troubles Down
by Angela Winbush & Ronald Isley

Lay…your…troubles…down
Lay…your…troubles…down

Give me your heartaches
Give me your pain
In troubled waters I will touch you
And you shall be changed
Give me your sorrows
Your greatest fears
I'll give you tomorrow for your tears
And make theirs disappear
You know my yoke is easy
And my burdens are light
I'll love you like no other
And I'll make things right

Give me your sickness
You shall be healed
Give me your wildest hopes and dreams
And they shall be revealed
Give me your faith
Give me your trust
I want to be closer to your heart
And soul than your own blood girl

Just believe in me
Like I believe in you
Do unto me baby
As you'd have me do unto you


…for He [God]  Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!].  Heb 13:5-6 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment