Tuesday, November 25, 2014


What Did God Say About You?

Have you ever noticed how many times people will try to put you in a box and try to determine your future based on very superficial circumstances and accomplishments? For example, some people form their opinions based on our size, race, religion, personality type, hobbies, martial status, education, city or state we live, our friends, the car we drive, hair texture, career ...bla...bla...bla…. Aren't you glad God looks at the heart? I believe many people try to put you in a box so they will feel comfortable. What most people don't realize is when you are a child of the most high God they cannot determine your destiny. When God is leading in your life, you don't stay in the same place. You continue to move forward, allowing God to promote every area of your life. The word of God says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born, I separated and set you apart, consecrating you: [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations (Jerm 1:5 AMP). Isn't that awesome? So let’s think about that for a minute. If God approves of you and if your destiny has already been determined by God, man's negative opinions based on outward appearance and situations mean absolutely nothing. Do not ponder those negative words and situations over and over again in your mind. They are designed by the enemy himself to discourage you to the point where you will value man's opinion over that of God, who placed you here for a purpose. This is an area that the enemy uses daily to try to destroy our self-esteem and dreams. Satan will use people, in particular those who have low self-esteem, to try to tell them what they can't do and what they never will become. Beware. They are all lies, pray for those individuals. The enemy has used these lies to cripple us both physically and spiritually. This country is plagued with individuals struggling with depression based on the opinions of others. This is an ongoing attack for many of us, and it’s time to stand up and take authority through the blood of Jesus. We can do this by speaking and believing what the word of God has already destined us to be. Every promise in the Bible is a promise personally to you. Jesus said whatever you ask I will do it. Ask Him to manifest the word of God in your life. I have listed a few of my favorite scriptures below that will assist against this attack of the enemy. Speak these scriptures out loud on a daily basis. Search the word of God for additional scriptures that speak to your heart and use them as a weapon against the enemy.

God is my shield, my glory, and the lifter of my head (Psalm 3:3).

Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never]. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation (Psalm 91:14-I6).

In the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children shall always have a place of refuge (Proverbs 14:26). 

No comments:

Post a Comment